Friday, August 14, 2009

Elusive Bacon Latte



After two attempts at tasting the infamous bacon latte at the Pirate Radio Cafe, this is the best I've got to show you. And no, it's not a photo of me but one of my dear friends (thanks Steve) who DID taste the latte and reported back that it was well made by a knowledgeable woman, balanced, delicious, not weird at all. It was suggested to go on a day when either the owner, Monkey, or this knowledgeable woman is working the coffee bar as it's sort of a coop situation with rotating radio dj's doing their time as barristas.

WHY am I sharing this with you? The first day I trekked to the city to chase down a Bacon Latte, they were out of bacon product but promised it would be available the next day. We had substitute banana flavored lattes made by a very pleasant chap that was new to the staff (the knowledgeable woman or Monkey were not working that day) that were lukewarm and thin--not good. So, the next morning, I hiked over with great anticipation only to find that again, they had no bacon product. Not sure when I'll be out that way again or if I will try to hunt down another Bacon Latte, but the experience has sparked a lot of conversation about training and customer service.

No comments: