Thursday, April 29, 2010

On a First Names Only Basis














Gordon Edgar came to our own Gallery Bookstore the week before last to promo his new book, "Cheesemonger", which I have yet to finish. He was just as I expected based on his writing style--unpretentious, earnest, with a dry sense of humor. I love what I've read so far. Sadly, he snuck up after work on a Friday and left early the next day before we could subject him to the delights of our eclectic area.

Hey Edgar, I mean, Gordon, stay longer the next time you make the trek up here. We have our fair share of illegal cheese goings on as well as some first class beers. And with all of the characters, as well as edibles hiding in these woods, who knows? You may very well find the material for your next book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I might take you up on that offer. I love Mendocino County. It was a great trip (if way too quick).